The Nikkor 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 G Aspherical ED IF DX SWM AF-S is a compact, ultra-wide-angle rectilinear zoom lens for DX-format Nikon digital SLR cameras. It's a very versatile lens with many practical uses both when you're photographing in big spaces outdoors and close quarters indoors.
With the widest end of 10mm covering a 109° angle of view (nearly as wide as fisheye lenses but with much less distracting distortion), the AF-S DX NIKKOR 10?24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED delivers dramatic perspectives for a creative edge. Compared to a moderately wide 18mm lens the 10-24mm offers a tremendous additional 33° of view. By combining it's wide field of view and .8ft close focus you can prominently feature a primary subject large in the foreground yet more fully show a large expanse of environment in the background. Since it zooms all the way up to a 24mm focal length you also don't have to shoot any wider than you want, by cropping the image with the lens rather than Photoshop you can maximize image resolution.
- Compact, 2.4x ultra wide-angle zoom Ideal for landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture and more
- Optical design optimized for use with Nikon DX-format digital cameras
- Renders a picture angle of 109? through 61?, equivalent to focal lengths of 15-36mm (in FX or 35mm formats)
- AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus operation
- Two ED-(Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements for superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration
- Three aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration, even when used at the widest aperture
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduces flare
- Close focusing to 0.8 feet for creative perspectives and shooting versatility
- Internal Focusing (IF) design allows faster, smoother autofocusing and eliminates changes in lens barrel length for consistent handling
- M/A focus mode (autofocus with manual override) allows full time manual focus override
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements