The Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6 G Aspherical ED IF DX AF-S VR is a compact and highly versatile 5.3x wide angle zoom lens for Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras. It's a versatile all-around lens that produces great sharp images. This well built and balanced lens produces high quality images well suited for travel, landscapes, groups of people and individual portraits.
The 16-85mm is positioned in the middle of Nikon's wide angle DX lens line-up; it's a more premium option with enhanced range and performance compared to an entry level 18-55mm lenses yet without the expense of the Nikon Nikkor 17-55mm F/2.8 G Aspherical ED IF DX AF-S or Nikon Nikkor 16-80mm F/2.8-4 E Aspherical ED IF DX AF-S VR.
- 5.3x zoom lens DX-format wide angle zoom
- 83° angle-of-view at 16mm is considerably wider than 18mm lenses
- 85mm focal length offers more flattering portrait perspective without having to switch lenses
- VR II (Vibration Reduction second-generation) technology enables use of shutter speeds up to 3.5 stops slower
- Three aspherical lens elements minimize various types of lens aberration
- Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements minimize chromatic aberration while providing higher resolution and superior contrast
- High-performance Super Integrated Coating aids superior color reproduction while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast and quiet autofocus
- M/A focus mode provide autofocus with full time manual focus override
- 0.38 m/1.3 ft. closest focus distance throughout the entire zoom range
- Accepts 67 mm filter attachments