Established in 1946.
Harvey and Dick Tuttle opened the first Tuttle Cameras store after serving in WWII in April of 1946 on 2nd street in Belmont Shore and a second store in 1947 on Atlantic Ave. in Bixby Knolls. Eric Vitwar started working for the Tuttle family in 1990 and managed the Belmont Shore location and the Bixby Knolls location. In 1998 after the passing of Dick Tuttle Eric purchased Tuttle Cameras from Harvey Tuttle. Photography has been a passion of Eric's since his first photography class at Lakewood High School and he loves helping other photographers get the images they are looking for. Tuttle Cameras has always been a part of the community and will continue to be involved with the local schools, and partnering with Royal Family Kids Camp by donating our time, money and supplies to help Los Angeles County foster kids have a great time at camp and a great photo album filled with their memories of camp.